NUISANCE: a pest, an annoyance, a troublesome thing
NATIVE: indigenous, natural, born in a particular place, belonging to a particular country by birth
NORTH IDAHO NATIVE SPECIES: Badger, Bat*, Bear*, Beaver, Birds (Grouse, Kildeer, Kingfisher, Migratory birds (Western Bluebird, Canada goose*, Robin, Swallow*), Pigeon*, Northern Flicker, Raptors (Eagle, Hawk, Owl*), Raven, Seagull, Common Snipe, Songbirds (Chickadee, Warbler, Kinglet), Turkey, Water birds (Coot, Mallard, Merganser, Teal), Woodcock, Woodpecker*), Bobcat, Chipmunk, Cougar*, Coyote*, Deer*, Elk, Ermine, Fox, Fisher, Moose, Lizard, Lynx, Marten, Mice, Mole*, Mountain Goat, Muskrat, Otter, Porcupine, Rabbit, Raccoon*, Salamander, Shrew, Snake, Skunk*, Squirrel*, Toad, Turtle, Voles*, Wasp, Weasel, Woodchuck (groundhog, ground squirrel), Wolf, Wolverine… to name a few!
Information regarding certain common species has been compiled using Wild Neighbors – John Hadidian (et. al.) 2007 Humane Society Press and Answering the Call of the Wild – Erin Luther 2010 Toronto Wildlife Centre. To see the information on how to make these animals ‘move along’, please click on the underlined names with the asterisks (*). For general mammal and bird removal techniques - Master List for Removal* For helpful info about your cats >^.^<
There is wisdom in the Native Proverb –
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors we borrow it from our grandchildren. Help us present the present as a present for future generations.
· become a volunteer
· pledge your time or talents
· join the membership family (7 categories to choose from)
· contribute a tax – deductible donation
· make in-kind donations (operational supplies & material)
· purchase AHWF merchandise (teeshirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, ball caps, calendars, coffee mugs, walking sticks, magnets, baby clothes, key chains, stickers, specially written and illustrated children’s books etc)
· order your subscriptions from the magazine list (bird watchers digest, readers digest & more)
· donate old or broken jewelry
· sign up for the AHWF credit card
· tell a friend
American Heritage Wildlife Foundation Inc 59895 Hwy 200 Clark Fork ID 83811
“In the end, we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught”. –B.Dioum
Contact AHWF.ORG a 501(c) 3 nonprofit incorporation Phone & Fax: 208.266.1488 Email: email@example.com Web: www.ahwf.org Social media: Facebook, Causes, Twitter, Blogspot, Squidoo Make your tax deductible donations today. Thank you!